In conversation with Julian Anderson
Limited Capacity. Please reserve a place by email to Antoine.Kaiserman@gsmd.ac.uk
Louis Andriessen is now widely regarded as the leading composer working in the Netherlands today and is a central figure in the international new music scene. He held the Richard and Barbara Debs Composer’s Chair at Carnegie Hall, New York, and was awarded Composer of the Year Award by Musical America in 2010. He won the 2011 Grawemeyer Award for Music Composition for his opera La Commedia, which was released on CD and DVD by Nonesuch in 2014.
Performances at the Barbican Centre, London:
- 9 February 2016 at 19:30 -- Britten Sinfonia: La Passione
- 12 February 2016 at 19:30 -- BBC Symphony Orchestra: La Commedia
- 13th February 2016, from 13:00 -- Total Immersion: Louis Andriessen
- 13:00 -- Guildhall New Music Ensemble: Hout, Zilver, De Volharding
- 15:00 -- Britten Sinfonia: ...miserere... , Dances
- 20:00 -- BBC Symphony Orchestra: De Stijl, Rosa’s Horses, Mysterien
For concert tickets and details please see: barbican.org.uk.
Part of the IMR International Composers Series.